The StorEdge Solution: Enabling Energy Independence
Combining SolarEdge’s breakthrough PV inverter technology with leading battery storage systems, the StorEdge solution helps homeowners reduce their electricity bills while maximizing energy independence from the grid.
StorEdge is based on a single SolarEdge DC optimized inverter that manages and monitors PV production, consumption and storage. The StorEdge solution is compatible with high voltage batteries from LG Chem.
TWO APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE
The StorEdge solution can be used to increase energy independence for homeowners, by utilizing a battery to store power and supply power as needed. To optimize self-consumption, the battery is automatically charged and discharged to meet consumption needs and reduce the amount of power purchased from the grid.
Optimizing Self-Consumption + Backup Power*
In addition to optimizing self-consumption, StorEdge can also automatically provide backup power to pre- selected loads when the household suffers from grid interruptions. A combination of PV and battery is used to power important loads such as the refrigerator, TV, lights and AC outlets, day or night.
Maximizing the Homeowner’s Solar Investment with StorEdge
The StorEdge system has many benefits for the homeowner as well as the PV installer.
- Power optimizers increase rooftop energy harvest
- PV power is stored directly in the battery
- DC coupled battery solution allows high system efficiency
- No additional conversions from AC to DC and back to AC
Simple Design & Installation
- A single inverter for PV, storage and backup power
- Outdoor installation allows flexibility in battery location
- No special wires are required
- Utilizes the same PV cables
Full Visibility & Easy Maintenance
- Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data from asingle dashboard
- Smarter energy consumption to reduce electricity bills
- Monitor battery energy levels and remaining hours of backup power
- Remote diagnostics
- Remote firmware upgrades to both inverter & battery
- PV array and battery voltage reduced to a safe voltage automatically upon AC shut down when not in backup mode
- Complies with VDE 2100-712 and IEC 60947